The Blue Angels Fly Over Annapolis - photo by Jay Fleming
The Blue Angels fly over Annapolis, Maryland for the Naval Academy graduation.
Original photo taken in May 2017
Watching the Blue Angels, on flight rehearsal day, flight demonstration day & finally for the time-honored United States Naval Academy graduation flyover, is a very big deal in Annapolis! Schools have dismissal plans since most kids leave early (while their parents prep the picnics & coolers) + adults take the day off of work. The celebration is real and it is FUN!
HERE.'s a lil' bit about the photographer, who we personally know & love! He's young, talented, sweet and does so much for our beloved Chesapeake Bay. We just love his unique coastal photography!
- Though Jay's career can be traced back to getting his first camera at age 14, from his his father, former National Geographic photographer, Kevin Fleming, Jay quickly and naturally developed a photographic style and identity all his own. Jay considers himself to be extremely fortunate to have found a livelihood that both satisfies his creativity and simultaneously supports his beliefs in ecological conservation.
- He studied and worked in Yellowstone National Park but is currently closer to home (yay for us, as he sometimes comes to our pop-up with a few hundred oysters, a shucker friend or two and all the fixins to share with us & our customers!)
- Jay has turned his attention towards the Chesapeake Bay and the industry that is directly dependent upon it—the seafood industry. Jay has spent the past two years actively documenting all aspects of this fascinating and diminishing way of life.
Check out + purchase his first book, Working the Water, right HERE.
Other best selling photographs by Jay are available for sale HERE.
- Chesapeake Calm Water (Bay Bridge Sunset)
- Slick Cam (Skipjack Races)
- Honga River - Eel Grass Jimmy (Chesapeake Blue Crab)
- Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse Moonrise
IMPORTANT NOTE: We can not arrange local pick up or ship this Blue Angels print until 5/29/2018
Photo by local photographer & small town celebrity, Jay Fleming of Annapolis, Maryland